- Teaching divers to be safe & comfortable
- Semi-private classes, 6 student maximum
- Class incorporates basic scuba diving theory, knowledge & equipment configuration with precise diving skills & emergency procedures
- Enjoy the wonders of the ocean
You’ve seen plenty of spectacular things on land: mountain ranges, sweeping deserts, the world’s biggest ball of twine. But you’re still missing out on 71% of the Earth’s wonders! Explore the rest of what nature has to offer with today’s Spreebird Deal when you score a 4-Day Open Water Scuba Certification Course from Unified Team Diving for only $199, normally $499.
Unified Team Diving makes sea exploration easy, safe, and fun with world-class instructors, small class sizes, and plenty of personal attention. Gain the confidence and know-how needed to enjoy underwater scenery with an "Ocean Friendly" Unified Team Diving course that incorporates scuba diving theory, knowledge and equipment handling with precise diving skills and safety procedures. You’ll begin with classroom study to learn all the essentials of diving; then, you’ll take what you’ve learned and apply it to real-life with supervised confined water and open water dives. At the end of the 24-hour training course, you’ll be certified as a UTD diver and be able to discover the ocean’s majesty on your own! So, water you waiting for? Dive into the beauty of the sea, thanks to today’s Spreebird Deal.
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES July 31, 2013
- Limit 1 per person, may purchase additional deals as gifts for friends
- No cash value except as required by law
- Not valid with any other offers
- Scuba Diving Certification Course is valid for uncertified individuals to gain their UTD Scuba diving certification
- 10-16 years receive JR open water certification (ZUBA) & require taking the certification class with legal guardian or parent
- UTD Open water Certification is for ages 16 & older
- All services must be used by same customer; cannot be shared
- Your personal gear (Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Gloves & Hoods) is required. If you have them bring them, otherwise you can purchase them from UTD at a student discount price after you have had a chance to try them in your pool sessions
- Classroom materials are required & purchased separately ($99; online or book available)
- Scuba gear, gauges, wet suit, tanks, weights, & air fills will be provided at no additional charge
- Pool portion is held in local public pools & ocean dives will be held at La Jolla Shores
- This 24-hour course can be conducted over 4 days or 6 modules as desired
- Course reservations required & subject to class availability - classes fill quickly; schedule 3-4 weeks in advance
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture or additional fees
- Open water dives may be rescheduled due to inclement weather at instructor's discretion
- Print out your Spreebird voucher
- Call to make your course reservation - classes fill quickly; schedule 3-4 weeks in advance
*Remember: Spreebies tip on the full amount of the pre-discounted bill (and tip generously). That's what makes our members the best.
Q: HI I was wondering if you had any other locations for the scuba course like in the OC area?
Christy, posted January 4 at 11:21 AM
Hi Christy, Thank you for your question. Our current location is only in San Diego. We can combine modules so a class 1/pool 1 are done in just one day to limit the amount of driving for you. Just give me a call 855-348-3883 ext 4 and I can explain more.
Thank you, Mary
Unified Team Diving, posted January 4 at 11:48 AM
Q: Hello, after I buy the deal, when will it expire?
Anabel, posted January 4 at 1:55 PM
The voucher expires 7/31/13. The paid value does not expire and can be used towards a regularly priced class after the expiration date.
Unified Team Diving, posted January 4 at 2:07 PM
Q: Does the adult pay if the 16 year old is getting certified? Both parents are already certified.
True, posted January 4 at 9:50 PM
No, the certified adult does not have to pay
Unified Team Diving, posted January 5 at 2:43 PM
Q: My 14 year old wants to become certified. He has already been on 3 introductory dives and is a very good swimmer. Is this a full PADI Certification? What equipment must be purchased or is rental equipment available for the training?
Albert, posted January 6 at 7:01 PM
Unified Team Diving (UTD) is a Scuba Certification Agency and PADI is a different scuba certification agency. For full scuba certification, we require the student to be 16 yrs old. For your 14 year old we would offer Zuba certification which will provide the student with all of the scuba education and scuba skills learned in open water; the difference is that with Zuba we train with a surface supplied air float and limit the depth to 20 ft. We provide all the rental gear- wetsuit, buoyancy compensator, regulator, and zuba float. The student will need personal gear - fins, booties, mask, snorkel (gloves/hood recommended for ocean dives). We provide these items for the pool sessions so you can try before you purchase them. Please call at 855-348-3883 ext 4 with any questions.
Unified Team Diving, posted January 7 at 9:19 AM
Ask a Question
Unlimited • Redemption:
Available when deal ends: 01/09